THIS PAGE WILL BE UPDATED AS MORE INFORMATION COMES IN
Emergency Isolation Support: $50 million
This will be a temporary program for working adult Albertans who must self-isolate because they meet the Government of Alberta’s published criteria for self-isolation, including persons who are the sole caregiver for a dependent who must self-isolate because they meet the public health criteria, and who will not have another source of pay or compensation while they are self-isolated.
It will be distributed in one payment instalment and will bridge the gap until the federal emergency payments begin in April.
We expect the program to be accessible by a simple online application through alberta.ca next week and that funds will be deposited in the accounts of eligible recipients beginning at that time.
Utility Payment Holiday
Residential, farm, and small commercial customers can defer bill payments for the next 90 days to ensure no one will be cut off from these services during this time of crisis.
This will cover electricity and natural gas, regardless of the service provider.
March 23 we are asking Alberta customers who are experiencing financial hardship to contact us at 310-4300. We’re ready to defer their bill payments for 90-days, with no late fees or other charges.
Student Loans Repayment Holiday
The government will implement a six-month, interest-free moratorium on Alberta student loan payments for all individuals who are in the process of repaying these loans.
Banks and Credit Unions
- ATB Financial customers impacted by COVID-19
- Personal banking customers can apply for a deferral on their ATB loans, lines of credit, and mortgages for up to six months.
- Small business customers, in addition to payment deferrals on loans and lines of credit, will be provided access to additional working capital.
- For other business and agriculture customers, ATB will work with customers on a one-on-one basis and further solutions are being considered at this time.
- For more information on ATB’s relief program, please visit their website. : https://www.atb.com/resources/alerts/covid-19/
- Alberta credit unions
- Credit union members will have access to a variety of programs and solutions designed to ease difficulties with loan payments and short-term cash flow.
- Both individual and business members are encouraged to proactively contact their credit union directly to work out a plan for their personal situation.