As you are well aware, the COVID 19 (coronavirus) outbreaks have been confirmed in multiple countries, including Canada. Like all of you, we have been tracking and following the global news, responses to the disease and responses and measures our industry peers have been taking. We will continue to monitor the situation closely and provide updates as required.
First and foremost, ensure the information you are receiving is credible. Credible resources include the World Health Organization (WHO), Health Canada and your own provincial health departments (links below).
World Health Organization (WHO)
Alberta Health Services
Government of ALBERTA
Government of CANADA
To help prevent the spread of COVID-19, event organizers have been asked to cancel large gatherings and international events.
Mandatory mass gathering restrictions
No gatherings with more than 15 people are allowed, including:
- worship gatherings
- family events, such as weddings and funerals
- social gatherings outdoors
Cancel gatherings with fewer than 15 people if the event:
- includes any attendees travelling from outside of Canada
- has, as its focus, attendees that are members of critical infrastructure or critical service roles (e.g. healthcare workers, first responders, electric/power workers, telecommunications)
- includes attendees from demographic groups at greater risk of severe disease, such as people 60 years of age or older and individuals with chronic medical conditions
- has attendees participating in activities that promote disease transmission (e.g. singing, cheering, close contact, sharing food or beverages, buffet style meals)
- is in a space that does not allow for recommended social distancing (at least 6 feet between attendees)
It does not include grocery stores, airports or shopping malls at this time.
As an individual, follow normal safety guidelines during flu season (wash your hands frequently and properly, cover coughs and sneezes, stay home if you are sick).
- MESSAGE FROM THE DEPUTY MINISTER OF AG AND FORESTRY
- MESSAGE FROM THE DEPUTY MINISTER OF CULTURE, MULTICULTURALISM AND STATUS OF WOMEN
- LETTER FROM THE EDUCATION MINISTER – March 20,2020
The Government of Canada is committed to providing you with the information and support you need to make informed decisions as your business navigates through these challenges.
Contact your insurance company to understand the implications for cancelling any events you may have. As pertinent news and information updates, especially applicable to fairs, exhibitions and events, become available, we will keep you updated.
During this challenging time as we practice social distancing, keeping connected is still just as important. We want to support our community and to ensure people are encouraged and empowered to work from home efficiently and effectively. PLEASE SEE LINK BELOW FOR HELP ON SETTING UP VIDEO CONFERENCING:
If you have any concerns or need help, do not hesitate to reach out.