PROGRAM EXTENDED THROUGH 2021!
A grant is available to all Alberta Agricultural Societies that are members of AAAS for farm safety awareness, education & programming in your community to promote behavioral changes on family farms and the agriculture community.
- Up to $10,000.00 per project
- No matching component required
- No limit on the number of projects an Agricultural Society can do in a year with the condition that one project must be complete prior to the next project being approved
- Projects that have already been completed within 1 year of application may be eligible for funding
- All grant projects must be completed by December 31st, 2021
- Please allow 4 to 6 weeks processing time to review the application
Complete details can be found in either link below. You may apply by submitting the completed printable form through email/mail or completing the online application form.
Grant funds are distributed upon completion of the approved project and submission of grant report and invoices. You may submit your report by returning the completed printable form through email/mail or filling out the online report.
Farm Safety Online Directory – This directory includes a listing of AAAS Service Members that offer farm safety programs.
Many resources exist to help you with planning or programming your Farm Safety Initiative.
Below is a sample of what is available.
Alberta Agriculture and Forestry
- Fact Sheets – Certain Topics have a PDF poster you can print
- Farm Safety Day Camp Manual
- Other Resources & Displays
North American Guidelines for Children’s Agricultural Tasks (NAGCAT) Guidelines
- Posters for Top 10 Guidelines for Preventing Injury
- Child Development and Tractors
- Characteristics and Methods to Prevent Injury for Children 7 to 18 years old