HOW TO USE ZOOM TO ‘ATTEND’ THE AGM
1. Download and install zoom client software for your device
• For computer (zoom will recognize Mac or Windows)
• For iPad (Apple App Store: “zoom cloud meetings”)
• For Android tablet: Google Play: “zoom cloud meetings”)
• For Android phone: Google Play: “zoom cloud meetings”)
• For iPhone: (Apple App Store: “zoom cloud meetings”)
zoom is free – unless you plan to host a large and/or frequent meeting.
You will be asked to establish a free zoom account.
If your hosting plans are modest, you can be a zoom host for free.
Guests at a meeting are always free.
2. Join a zoom meeting
• Open the email sent by the meeting host specifying a date and time.
The message will have a meeting link to click and a meeting I.D.
• Click the link in the message — zoom will launch and prompt you to:
a. Join a Meeting, then… b. Enter your Name… c. Enter the meeting I.D.
• This option is offered: Join with Video (recommended) or Join without Video
• Before joining the meeting, click Test Speaker and Microphone.
• Now, Join.
• A host will likely welcome you, and may then mute your mic.
3. Meeting etiquette
• Mute your audio unless invited to speak.
• zoom has a sidebar chat function. Learn to use it, sparingly.
• zoom hosts will likely record the entire meeting.
4. Quick Links: YouTube videos about zoom