Executive Administrator and Corporate Secretary
EXHIBITION PARK LETHBRIDGE
- Be a part of the excitement, Exhibition Park hosts hundreds of thousands of visitors a year for events, entertainment and community gatherings.
- Be a part of change, Lethbridge & District Exhibition will start construction on a 268,000 square foot Agri-Food Hub and Trade Centre in Spring 2021.
- Be a part of history, Lethbridge & District Exhibition was founded in 1897.
- Join a high-energy, fast-paced working environment.
- Competitive Benefits Package (after probation period).
- Serene location on the East shore of Henderson Park and Lake, with free parking.
- Opportunities for networking, professional growth and community involvement.
- 2-4 years’ experience in an Administration role for a non-profit organization or business environment.
- Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma, or Administrative Office Professional Certificate considered an asset.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Office 365, specifically MS Outlook, MS Excel and MS Word.
- Ability to work independently, come up with solution-based plans and critically think.
- Experience working with a Board of Directors and senior leaders of an organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (may be asked for written example).
- Strong multi-tasking skills, attention to detail and organizational skills
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Corporate Secretary Duties:
- Maintain Board of Directors (“BoD”), Committees and Governance calendar. Including preparing all necessary communications materials, documentation and record minutes of meetings.
- Ensure that corporate policies, bylaws and any other departmental policies are current, accurate and accessible.
- Maintain and coordinate corporate Shareholder records, communications, database and other related activities. Including the organization and execution of Shareholder events.
- Plan, organize and coordinate the Annual General Meeting (“AGM”) and other special events for Shareholders; assist the Marketing and Finance teams in the preparation of the Annual Report; prepare communications, ballots and reports for the AGM.
- Ensure that the records and Articles of Association are maintained as required by law and made available when required by authorized persons (i.e. Articles of Association, lists of Directors, meeting minutes, financial reports and other corporate documents that may be required).
- Ensure all documents necessary to maintain the organization are filed with the Province of Alberta, prepare all corporate correspondence, applications, reports, contracts or other documentation that may be required on behalf of the organization
Executive Administrator Duties:
- Maintain organizational calendar, including Leadership Team meetings, general staff meetings, safety committee meetings preparing all necessary communications materials, documentation and record minutes of meetings.
- Support the development of the Employee Handbook, Emergency Response Plan (“ERP”), Risk Mitigation Plan (“RMP”) and other manuals that may be required for organizational management.
- Coordinate internally programming directly related to Stakeholder engagement, such as the Whoop-Up Days Kick-off, Community Parade program and assist with other programming projects as required.
- Maintain organizational filing system.
- Coordinate the Executive team’s schedules, appointments, reservations and travel arrangements.
Additionally, any arrangements that are required for the BoD.
- Perform general office administration, including supplies management, equipment, gifts, merchandise or other related items to support the Executive office.
- Mostly in an office environment. Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
- Periodic weekend of evening work is expected (i.e. Board meetings, events)
- Competitive Salary
DEADLINE TO APPLY IS OCTOBER 13, 2020.
INTERESTED INDIVIDUALS PLEASE SEND RESUME TO:
firstname.lastname@example.org, be sure to reference the job description title in the subject of the email.
HAND OR MAIL DELIVERY
Reception, South Pavilion Building, Main Level
3401 Parkside Drive South
Lethbridge, Alberta T1J 4R3