The Vegreville Agricultural Society currently has an opening for a permanent Office Administrator. The position is full time April to October and part time November to March. Evening and weekends are required during the busy season and monthly evening board meetings held year round.
Suitable candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• Experience working with Not-For-Profit Organizations
• Must be customer oriented and have strong interpersonal skills.
• Capable of working with minimal supervision and be self-motivated.
• Must be willing to work under pressure and tight timelines.
• Experience with MS Word, Excel and Publisher a must.
• Basic book keeping skills required.
• Experience with social media and website development an asset.
• Criminal record check required.
Email a resume with cover letter and 3 references to the attention of:
Vegreville Agricultural Society
4753 – 45 Ave. Vegreville, AB T9C 1L1
The posting closing date is July 25th, 2020.
Thank you to all that apply. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The West Sturgeon Agricultural Society (WSAS) is currently looking to fill the position of Operations Coordinator. Main duties will include:
• Liason with WSAS Executive for day-to-day operations, and the Board of Directors • Ice scheduling, and other facility rentals
• Working with other staff to ensure efficient operation of WSAS facilities
• Administration, document control, record keeping and front line phone and email communications
• Sound financial management of the organization, including grant preparations
• OH&S and Public Health compliance with regulations and health orders
• Assist in event planning, coordination and execution, as well as WSAS Social Media
• Overall support to ensure WSAS organizational success by adhering to Bylaws, Ag Society regulations and general accounting procedures
• Bookkeeping as part of the job description is negotiable
The WSAS Executive is asking for no more than a 1-page written submission, detailing why you would be a good fit for our organization. This is considered a part time position, approximately 15-25 hours week (peak season), with seasonality and occasional non-standard working hours. Remuneration will be determined based on qualifications of the successful candidate.
Please email your submission to email@example.com no later than August 5th, 4:00 PM. While WSAS thanks everyone for their interest, only those candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Arena Attendant ( Part Time)
The RQB Ag Society needs a part time arena attendant for the upcoming hockey season (September 2020 through March 2021). Must be at least 16 years old with a valid driver’s license and own transportation.
Responsibilities include Zamboni operation, janitorial work, skate sharpening and light maintenance. Must be available weekends (some early mornings), and from 3:30 pm until late on Mondays.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org before Aug 14th, 2020.
The Glendon Agricultural Society currently seeking an Ice Allocator for the 2020-2021 arena session. This position is approximately 3 hours a week and involves the scheduling of practices, games and tournaments in our arena.
Experience with hockey is a must to understand the position. Starts Sept. 1 and runs to March 30. Please call 780-826-9583 for details and to apply.