We are pleased to announce that we have a weekend for our Treasurers Training, you will take Level’s 1, 2 & 3 over the weekend.
** NOTE : We can take a maximum of 15 people for this training (if we have less than 10 the course will not go ahead).
We will decide on August 15th if we are a go or not.
At the end of the course you will receive a certificate that you have completed the course, this will be presented at our Friday Night Banquet during our annual conference in February.
Dates of the Training : Friday September 16th to Sunday September 18th
Location: Holiday Inn & Suites Nisku 1100 – 4th Street Nisku
Early Bird Rate $999/person + GST prior to AUGUST 15th,After August 15th, $1250/person + GST (Cost includes training, 2 Breakfasts, 2 Lunches & Snacks)
Please contact the Holiday Inn & Suites Nisku To Book your Stay
Phone: (780) 979-0839
Rooms: $85 +Taxes per night
1100 4 St, Nisku, AB T9E 8E2
This course is intended for those interested in bookkeeping. Agricultural Society Board Members and staff including but not limited to Presidents/Chairpersons, Treasurers, General Managers/Facility Managers, Secretaries, Bookkeepers, Office Administration.
There are no prerequisites but we suggest taking bookkeeping – intermediate before joining us.
Bookkeeping – Introduction This workshop is an introduction into the cycle of accounting and is geared to those who have little or no previous bookkeeping experience. Participants will learn the importance of keeping records. The workshop will teach participants how to prepare a basic, handwritten synoptic and general ledger using pencil and paper in order to understand the important concepts before using
· Learn about the accounting cycle, terminology and setting up a chart of accounts.
· Learn and practice manual bookkeeping techniques, journal entries and other exercises.
Bookkeeping – Intermediate
This workshop will introduce participants to the QuickBooks Online accounting software. During this workshop, participants will the
learn the basics of using the program, including the features of general ledgers, accounts receivable, accounts payable. Participants
will work with a chart of accounts and post transactions for the Society and review general ledgers for accuracy and reasonability.
· Understanding AAAS granting programs, processes and reporting.
· Training on an Online bookkeeping software program (QuickBooks Online).
· Demonstrate and refine bookkeeping techniques, journal entries and other exercises.
· Introduction to: Developing, adjusting and administering budgets.
Bookkeeping – Advanced
This workshop will introduce participants to advanced training techniques in QuickBooks Online accounting software and
introduction to understanding the facility lifecycle and strategic planning. During this workshop, participants will the learn advanced
QuickBooks Online techniques, including the features of setting up Class Tracking, creating and using Budgets, preparing year-end
financial statements and reports and understanding them. Participants will be introduced to asset management and strategic
· Advanced training on a computerized bookkeeping software program (QuickBooks)
· Demonstrate the ability to prepare for year-end financial statements
· Demonstrate the ability to analyze financial statements
· Understand the basic components of a facility lifecycle plan
· Introduction to strategic planning and risk management