The Paradise Valley and Districts Agricultural society is looking for a Facility Operator for the 2023-2024 Hockey season. The position is for the Three Cities Arena located in Paradise Valley, Alberta
Basic information of duties include ice making and maintenance, use of equipment for the facility plant and Zamboni. Building maintenance, general cleaning, safety checks, preventative maintenance and other duties and tasks as assigned by board.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
– Criminal Record Check with vulnerable sector.
– Level 1 arena operator preferred.
– Arena Maintenance level 1 preferred.
– Valid Class 5 Drivers license and own transportation.
– Basic knowledge of plumbing, mechanical & carpentry would be an asset.
– Ice Making Level 1 and 2 preferred.
– Arena experience definite asset.
– Candidate must have excellent interpersonal communication and Public Relations skills.
– Ability to work under stress and meet time demands set to a strict schedule.
– Ability to work within a team environment but with minimal supervision.
– Willingness to obtain further educational training as required.
– Must be punctual with respect to the hours set out for the opening and closing of the facility.
– Need to be physically fit to perform and complete the required tasks assigned. Must be able to
– Experience operating Zamboni Ice resurfacer an asset.
There is a possibility that this position could be year-round for the right candidate, as we also operate and maintain the local recreational park.
Wages will be based on experience and training of successful candidate.
Please send resume or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Resume to be received by August 31, 2023
There are No Volunteer Postings at this Time
- meet new people
- develop your skills and leadership
- support your community in a meaningful way
- scholarships and bursary prospects