Calling all Innovators!
Application forms for the award are available by clicking here.
Alberta Agriculture, Forestry and Rural Economic Development is now accepting applications for the Agricultural Society Innovation Award. The deadline to apply is November 30, 2022 and the applications are available here. The process remains succinct and straightforward with only three short questions to answer. Photos are welcome!
The award allows us to work together to champion and celebrate the significant contributions that agricultural societies make, while inspiring others to take action. Innovations should be something that is new to your agricultural society, and demonstrate how you continue to positively impact community engagement, recovery, renewing etc. during the last year.
The Minister or designate, will recognize up to three agricultural societies (based on size) at the upcoming Alberta Association of Agricultural Societies annual convention on February 3, 2023. The winners will each receive a banner suitable for display in their arena or community hall to mark this achievement, along with a formal certificate of recognition. Agricultural societies matter and this is one small way for us to say thank you for the critical work that you do in building a stronger Alberta.
If you have any questions, please contact Susan Lacombe at firstname.lastname@example.org or 780-968-6557.
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE PAST WINNERS
Calmar & District Agricultural Society
Rocky Mountain House Agricultural Society
- Society with community under 1,000: Bezanson Agricultural Society
- Society with community over 1,000: Millarville Racing & Agricultural Society
- Regional Ag Society: Grande Prairie Regional Agricultural & Exhibition Society
- Ardrossan Recreation & Agricultural Society
- Eaglesham & District Agricultural Society
- Stettler Agricultural Society
- Crossfield/Madden Agricultural Society
- High River Agricultural Society
- Lloydminster Agricultural Exhibition Association
The Alberta Agricultural Society Innovation Award was created to recognize agricultural (Ag) societies
for their innovation and resilience during the COVID-19 pandemic.