If your organization has not reviewed or updated your bylaws recently this workshop will assist you with both the review and updating. During the workshop participants will be using their existing bylaws as a discussion document and comparing it to best practice bylaws (that have been developed by AAAS in conjunction with the Agriculture, Forestry and Rural Economic Development).
We also give an overview of the differences between bylaws and policies, and review what the Agricultural Societies Act mandates for Ag Societies.
Participants leave with a better understanding of Policies and Bylaws. The templates will assist you and save you time when revising your own organizations bylaws.
Bylaw Review Workshop video and document package:
- Agricultural Societies Regulations
- Agricultural Society Act
- Bylaw Requirements Checklist
- Code of conduct Members, Directors, Employees
- Online Bylaw Review – Presentation
- Recommended Best Practice Ag Society Bylaws 2020
- Request for Bylaw Approval Cover Letter
- Sample Committee Terms of Reference
Bylaw Review Workshop & Documents